Senior Purchasing Analyst
Alameda , California , United StatesApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Responsible for the competitive bid process, and for ensuring competitive bid requirements are met per established procedures, and for justifying and documenting qualifying supplier awards. Support contract management system as required, including preparation and negotiation of contracts. Support Purchasing management systems, including managing data, performing analyses, and generating reports covering activity and status, including assigned Purchasing metrics. Support or manage special projects designed to meet specific business objectives, trouble-shoot existing business processes or develop new business processes.
Under minimal direction, and in compliance with established policies and procedures, performs the following:
1. Identify opportunities for cost reduction through competitive bid process.
2. Prepare Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) as required, and maintain formal records.
3. Manage internal and external communications through-out bid process for assigned projects.
4. Perform price analysis, and coordinate evaluation of bids for compliance to established requirements. Coordinate process to identify successful bidder, and communicate results internally and externally.
5. Support development of negotiation strategies, and participate in negotiations as assigned.
6. Prepare or review and approve request for waiver of competitive bid.
7. Prepare or review and approve justification for supplier award. Ensure justification for supplier award is documented for qualifying expense commitments.
8. Prepare or review and approve executive purchase summary for qualifying expense commitments.
9. Incorporate supplier diversity requirements into RFX activity, and ensure diverse suppliers are actively sought out and given consideration for award.
10. Prepare and edit contracts, contract amendments and confidentiality agreements.
11. Assist in identifying approval requirements and obtaining approvals for contracts and contract changes.
12. Act as a point of contact between both internal teams (negotiators, inside and outside legal counsel, financial analysts, and regulatory team members) and external teams (supplier account teams, supplier legal counsel, and supplier project managers) during contract negotiations.
13. Track full range of issues/items to be addressed in negotiations.
14. Ensure contract negotiations are inclusive of company wide leverage.
15. Help facilitate status updates, communications, and coordination between the department team members, internal customers; and suppliers.
16. Ensure contracts are signed, shipped, countersigned and processed in a timely manner.
17. Maintain both pending and completed contracts in an organized, accessible system.
18. Promote and maintain positive working relationship among staff and suppliers.
19. Generate internal reports to necessary parties regarding contracts status.
20. Responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting assigned department metrics and performance against established goals.
21. Perform other duties as required
Qualifications / Education:
Bachelor Degree preferred. Minimum 5 years of purchasing or contract management experience, preferably in a medical device manufacturing environment.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Purchasing function. Demonstrated knowledge of competitive bid process.
2. Proven experience with commercial agreements, preferably with a fast-paced medical device company.
3. Knowledge and understanding of key legal concepts and requirements.
4. Ability to learn new information quickly and to develop a rapid understanding of technical, legal, and financial terms with minimal training.
5. Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
6. Ability to work across multiple internal teams to find solutions to problems or challenges; familiarity communicating with engineering, operations, administrative, legal, and/or financial team members.
7. Must have strong quantitative abilities with experience in database management, data gathering, and analysis.
8. Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently in a fast paced environment and under strict deadlines.
9. Good judgment: someone who instinctively knows when and from whom to seek advice, when it is appropriate to disclose information, and how best to disclose information.
10. Diligent, flexible, and highly detail orientated.
11. Demonstrated project management skills a plus.
12. Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
13. Makes task-related decisions daily.
14. Demonstrated skills in contract development and negotiation.
15. Well developed written, oral and interpersonal skills.
16. Excellent computer skills; specifically, Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
Accountability / Scope:
Accountable for successful completion of all assigned tasks. Accountable for identifying and executing on opportunities for cost reduction by competing ADC business per established policies and procedures. Ensures all necessary documentation is in place to meet all established business, financial and legal requirements. Responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting performance data.Apply
Job ID: 30057100
Job Family: Category Management
Division: ADC Diabetes Care
Location: United States - California - Alameda
Travel: Not specified
Medical Surveillance: No
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now