Director Strategic Procurement – Technology Infrastructure Services
Abbott Park , Illinois , United StatesApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Function | Primary Goals | Objectives:
The function of this role is to lead the global strategic procurement for the infrastructure services subcategory. The position will:
- Maintain close collaboration with the leadership within Business Services & Technology to develop effective end to end strategies, execute plans and performance metrics within the infrastructure services subcategory
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by servicing as a business partner, helping to identify critical business requirements and deliver best in class sourcing & procurement solutions.
- Be recognized by the industry and community as a thought leader and change agent to drive business opportunities, process improvement, cost effective and innovative solutions within the infrastructure services subcategory.
- Responsible for the category strategies, continuity of supply, supplier relationship management and stakeholder alignment activities for the infrastructure services subcategory which includes network/telecom, mobility and IT equipment.
- Provide insight to the organization on how to best leverage and develop supplier capabilities to drive business needs.
- Liaise with Corporate Finance to ensure clear communication and alignment on current and forward-looking opportunities within the category to improve profitability and financial health.
This role requires the ability to operate with broad goals and objectives with little direction to execute. Also requires strong business acumen, technical, financial, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to operate in a matrix infrastructure, including working closely with all levels within the organization with a strong global focus. This role will act as the key contact for infrastructure services subcategory needs and responsibility for global prioritization of these needs. Strong collaboration with global counter-parts across the Business Services & Technology function and Divisions is required. This position will also be leading continuous change, using creative and differentiated thinking to continually optimize sourcing solutions to address managed service subcategory needs.
This position is responsible for:
- Engagement and relationship building with internal and external technology leaders and suppliers
- Setting strategy for the infrastructure services subcategory
- Understanding business needs and translating to sourcing solutions
- Stimulating creativity and innovation in the subcategory team
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with key category vendors as well as counterparts of other Healthcare companies to unlock the maximum value from the subcategory.
- Management of supply base
- All aspects of people leadership for the infrastructure services team; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, hiring, discipline and separation.
- Responsible for overall effectiveness of the infrastructure services team.
Key organizational relationships:
- Chief Procurement Officer
- Technology leadership across Divisions, Affiliates & Regions
- Procurement leadership within technology category and professional services & technology vertical
- Sourcing leads on infrastructure services team
- Functional leadership that support the shared services and technology leadership
- Legal counsel globally and regionally
- Shared service leadership
This position will be accountable for the management, strategic direction and sourcing solutions for the Infrastructure services category team consisting of up to 5-10 members globally.
This position will interface with internal stakeholders and external suppliers at decision-making levels. Ability to demonstrate the successful performance with the following activities:
- Effectively understand and translate stakeholder needs into sourcing solutions that add value to the infrastructure services strategies
- Being strong business partner to drive innovative and creative solutions within the infrastructure services subcategory
- Establish strategic direction and plans for the infrastructure services subcategory that meet objectives
- Build a high performing team to meet the business demands globally
- Building strong external relationships and foster a collaborative environment between internal & external stakeholders
- Demonstrate industry leadership and expertise within the supply community
- Influence action against new ideas and innovation
- Drive timely results
- Display strong finance/business acumen to enable productive discussions and yield positive results
Supervisory / Management Capabilities:
- Global direct/Indirect people management (ranging from 5-10 FTE’s)
- Set inspirational target, support and elevate team; support them to understand evaluation metrics for performance.
- Inspire high performance through team accountability to key results, milestone achievements and issue-resolution through appropriate channels
- Foster exchange or ideas and information and establish productive working relationships and teams
- Resolve conflicts, face conflict and take initiative to resolve, constructively
- Divert tension away from individual and toward work issues, probe for root causes and collaborate to find mutually beneficial solutions; propose action steps and assist in implementation
Scope of Responsibility:
- Spend between $100MM - $200MM
- Number of Suppliers ~200-500
- Number of connections within business 15-25
- Span of Control - Global
- BA or BS Supply Chain, Business, Technical or like degree
- Masters’ Degree Preferred: MBA Preferred
- Other: Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) desirable
- A minimum of fifteen (10) years experience within procurement, supply chain management or technical fields
- 10+ years of relevant global business experience is required for this position. Strong financial knowledge, project management, people management and International experience desired, including business astuteness across brands and cultures.
- Strong organizational skills, including program/project governance and increase levels of staff oversight.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interdisciplinary, and excellent intercultural influence, and networking skills.
- World class supplier management. Evidence of participation in strategic industry forums.
- Relevant business process knowledge, as related to Procurement and Category Management.
- Broad knowledge of managed service relationships and demonstration of effectively managing supplier relations to drive mutual value
- Strong ability to influence multiple stakeholders with superior negotiating skills across all levels of the organization
- Experience leading multiple teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams
Job ID: 30054761
Job Family: Category Management
Division: GPS Global Purchasing Services
Location: United States - Illinois - Abbott Park
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Medical Surveillance: No
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day) Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now