Macquarie Park , New South Wales , AustraliaApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and passionate Product Manager to support one of our expanding businesses, within our Endovascular division.
Reporting to the Endovascular Business Manager, this position is responsible for developing annual marketing plans, co-ordinating their successful implementation & growing the long term sales, profit and market share position for assigned products within the context of the overall Corporate Business Plan. The successful candidate will also manage the evaluation of the practicality and potential of new products and market developments.
The Core Job Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of marketing objectives, strategies, and ensure their execution. Evaluate the practicality and potential of new products and market development.
- Develop, implement and update product training to sales force on an ongoing basis.
- Develop annual sales volume and profit forecasts, pricing and expense budgets. Forecast product requirements, identify potential supply issues, and develop contingency plans.
- Participate in planning sales promotion and advertising in support of existing products, and determine market strategies and sales tactics to achieve product objectives.
- Management of capital tracker and capital database.
- Ensure all business activities comply with the relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards. Review complaints and suggestions relating to assigned products.
- Responsibility for managing the Demand Process to support S&OP for allocated brands and for driving and supporting the NPI processes.
- Achieve sales and market share annual goals.
- Develop annual and updated sales, volume and pricing forecasts. Forecast product requirements, identify potential supply issues and develop contingency plans.
In addition to the above, the relevant experience in required:
- Strong sales track record.
- Good knowledge of computer based programs including spreadsheets and graphics.
- Tertiary qualifications in a Business or Science Discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' healthcare/marketing experience in a related environment an advantage.
- Sound understanding or qualifications in marketing related principles.
- Solid experience in a Strategic Planning position
This role will work within a team of very capable and passionate individuals committed to getting the best outcomes for the patients and the customers that we serve.
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
- Free Parking
- Barista on site
- Onsite Gym with Classes
- Mothers Room
- Discounted Healthcare
- Discounted Shares program
- Fresh fruit available to employees
- AND…..Lots, lots more
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our careers site at www.abbottcareers.com for more information
Abbott is an equal opportunity employer
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and PSA panel, and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.Apply
Job ID: 30056052
Job Family: Product Management
Division: AVD Vascular
Location: Australia - New South Wales - Macquarie Park
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Medical Surveillance: Not Applicable
Significant Work Activities: Not Applicable
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now