Account Manager - Abbott Nutrition - Chicago, IL
North Chicago , United StatesApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 69,000 people.
Best in Class Selling through broker partner management
- Achieve territory and national volume sales quotas within established trade funding parameters.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic and tactical business plans by business unit and category.
- Identify and actively pursue all new business opportunities within an assigned territory.
- Monitor sales results vs. plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate.
- Create and Deliver joint, strategic and tactical initiatives aligned with Business Unit direction and customer priorities. Utilize the brand provided item level hierarchy to ensure optimal distribution mix.
- Utilize syndicated data, customer sales data and category management studies to provide fact based analysis and deliver short and long-term business building initiatives.
- Conduct on-going internal and external account business reviews to measure, evaluate and present sales performance; and provide annually on future growth opportunities.
- Work with customer and internal teams on account financial management with solid understanding of gross and promo margin management, trade spend efficiency, and overall customer funding management.
Marketing Support through broker partner management
- Work in coordination with Trade Marketing to develop and execute account-specific promotional plans that increase: (1) awareness, (2) trial, (3) consumption, (4) retention, (5) brand equity, and (6) ROI.
- Manage Trade Spending: (1) Monitor customer promotional events and funds. (2) Process deductions on a timely basis. (3) Include proper event documentation.
- Monitor broker partner to ensure brand development funds have been processed completely, timely and all proper documentation has been included.
- Effectively invests resources to drive profitable results for the company and the customer in a responsible manner.
- Provide broker partner communication on business and customer specific priorities.
- Scorecard/Assess broker partner performance against brand/customer priorities and quota attainment.
- Ensure that account-specific distribution remains accurate and current in Salesforce.com and broker partner Distribution Management System. Monitor/maintain new item acceptance, item discontinuance, set size changes, and retail availability dates accordingly.
- Penetrate the account beyond the category manager and buyer to better understand and align strategy and long-term vision.
- Develop and leverage a thorough knowledge of the customer, the industry and the competitive landscape.
- Work to: (1) improve deduction resolution and supply side efficiencies, (2) gain contacts and implement approved promotional plans, (3) increase sales orders, and (4) enforce display compliance.
- Work with Retail Operations, Store Operations and/or Retail Broker partner to create retail priorities that align with business goals and objectives. Continuously monitor proper retail implementation and general shelving conditions.
- Leverage Abbott Category Management and/or broker partner Category Management team to function as the preferred Category Partner (leader) through expertise in Category Management, strategic marketing initiatives, and consumer/shopper insights.
- Manage account/brand display, new item forecasts and discontinuations.
- Coordinate and development all sales presentations.
- Use Abbott and the customer’s best promotional venues to drive sales and effectively utilizes analytic tools available to drive decision making.
- Measure achievement based on goals assigned by a territory or brand.
- Represent AN as the primary point for broker partner of contact for assigned accounts.
- Interact internally and externally through cross-functional relationships on account opportunities.
- Communicate pertinent information about customers to the management team and team members. Possible information includes competitive intelligence, pricing, assortment, marketing activities and merchandising opportunities/risks, forecast changes and supply issues.
- Complete all administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- 4+ years industry experience with progressive role responsibility
Scope of work
- Management of broker partner account representation.
- Accounts managed are low risk, less sophisticated analytically and are small store chains and wholesalers.
Job ID: 30033815
Job Family: Sales Force
Division: ANPD Nutrition Products
Location: United States - North Chicago
Work Shift: Standard
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Medical Surveilance: No
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday) EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now