Sr. Manager Global Procurement
Princeton , New Jersey , United StatesApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Abbott Point of Care (APOC) is a global leader in providing with-patient diagnostic testing solutions that are fast, portable, accurate and affordable. We are a division of Abbott, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
Our i-STAT System is an advanced, handheld system that allows medical staff to perform diagnostic testing without having to leave the patient's side. The system provides real-time, lab-quality results using only a few drops of blood and delivers accurate results in minutes rather than hours. The i-STAT System family of products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance. Our products can play a valuable role in accelerating the patient-care decision-making process throughout the continuum of care. More than 80,000 i-STAT handhelds are used worldwide by healthcare professionals in a variety of settings.
By choosing to transform the healthcare industry and how we do business, we will continue to provide healthcare professionals with the resources they need to deliver high-quality, efficient and affordable care to the patients they serve.
Abbott Point of Care has a new opening for Sr. Manager Global Procurement. This position serves as the primary interface between Abbott Point of Care and our Suppliers, to drive for strategic cost savings, supply continuity, risk mitigation, and support the development of business unit innovation and growth opportunities. The position reports to Sr Director, Global Supply Chain.
This position serves as the APOC procurement leader, decision-maker, and influencer to our Suppliers. Activities include sourcing, evaluating and selecting suppliers and vendors, negotiating supply contracts, maintain supplier relationships, and monitor quality and timeliness of materials and services supplied when escalated.
- Drive proactive procurement involvement in the Innovation planning processes with R&D, Commercial, Engineering/manufacturing to ensure that the complete development of APOC strategies for both the near and long term. Develops contingency plans as required to address uninterrupted product supply.
- Directly responsible for major contract negotiation with suppliers, develop a glide path with key suppliers to continuous cost reduction and execute the plan
- Improve challenging supplier performance and ensure quality and timeliness of the raw material supplies
- Develop and manages the implementation of select cost containment and operational projects. This position will work to ensure the long range costing goals are met.
- This position will work with Abbott legal counsels to ensure contract integrity and minimize APOC business/legal/financial risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with divisional/corporate support groups (One Procurement, etc) that will result in enhanced teamwork and lead to the accomplishments of division and corporate procurement saving goals.
- Evaluate team capability and organization structure and make necessary change to align with business needs, drive performance and establish best-practice processes as well as metrics
- Must understand commercial and operational strategies for the Business Unit/Region to direct procurement efforts in support of cost savings, risk strategies and new product launches.
- This position will participate as the primary cross-functional team member representing APOC procurement expert and leadership on project, promotional, and supply chain issue procurement resolution teams.
A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience is required. MBA is preferred. The incumbent has substantial autonomy and must be able to operate with limited supervision. Highly motivated, result driven, financially competent and ability of working in a fast-paced matrix organization is required. 25~30% travel is expected. +10 years’ procurement experience required and preferred experience with global suppliers.
Job ID: 30058189
Job Family: Category Management
Division: APOC Point of Care
Location: United States - New Jersey - Princeton
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Medical Surveillance: No
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now