Application Support Specialist
St. Paul , Minnesota , United StatesApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Provides technical and applications support for Abbott capital equipment systems (such as EPWorkMate, EnSite, Ilumien, and RADI) to customers and Abbott staff. Efficiently and effectively partners with field services personnel in matters requiring on-site service including parts order requests. Ensures human capital utilization is balanced in the most cost effective manner in accordance with established budgets, policies, procedures and quality standards. Represents Technical Services in areas related to the quality system at product division levels in complaint handling, failure investigation, trend analysis, and tracking of quality actions in compliance with plans. Abbott seeks candidates who will meet and exceed customer expectations by striving for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products, processes and systems through accountable, competent, and professional support.
- Answers internal and external clinical and technical questions via phone, email, and remotely via networking.
- Develop a hypothesis of the root cause of a failure, generate a working solution, and put solution into action for immediate repair or resolution of the failure.
- Provide feedback to customer or Abbott personnel involved.
- Uses information sent from the field to diagnose system failures and consider root cause analysis to order parts to be sent to the field services group for repair of the system.
- Resolves escalated customer issues where known or typical solutions cannot resolve problem.
- Identifies and implements the most effective and cost efficient means for resolution.
- Determines if and when to deploy field service support and/or equipment to customer location.
- Provides clinical applications / software support to customers at the point of care.
- Assists the customer with clinical / software questions and problems during procedures involving capital equipment systems.
- Records software / application anomalies and suggestions and provides them as feedback to theappropriate software R&D groups.
- Designs, develops, and implements content and materials for Technical Services training programs foremployees in the Technical Services department.
- Participates in the technical and clinical training of new employees.
- Updates education programs on a continuous basis.
- Provide technical and clinical instruction to customer and employees on both an impromptu basisduring support situations and in classroom situations during regularly scheduled classes.
- Documents, updates, and completes all calls in the appropriate call support system.
- Sends repair / replacement parts to customers and creates field service work orders when appropriate
- Provides input for technical bulletins, procedures, work instructions, and best practices for technical support of capital equipment products.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality ManagementSystems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field or equivalent experience (emphasis on electrical or hardware engineeringpreferred).
- 2 or more years clinical or lab experience working with medical systems.
- Strong oral, written, and computer (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) skills.
- Customer service experience in a medical environment
- Experience developing, implementing, and delivering technical or clinical training programs preferred.
- Previous experience with EnSite, EP-WorkMate, C7 / Ilumien, or RADI systems preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in theorganization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Regularly scheduled overtime is a requirement of this position.
Job ID: 30049646
Job Family: Support Services
Division: ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
Location: United States - Minnesota - St. Paul
Medical Surveillance: No
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day) Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Sr. Manager, Capital Services CALA
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now