Key Account Manager AF North
Stratford Upon Avon , United KingdomApply
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Section 1: PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- This role will enable a more effective and strategic approach to key hospitals and customers in the UK healthcare environment. The job will require the development of key relationships across the spectrum of personnel in specified low Company AF market share hospitals to identify needs and opportunities that fit to the business' technologies and capabilities.
- This role will lead the AF Northern field sales approach with UK hospitals by focusing on the value that can be delivered in partnership with our customers.
- The Key Account Manager (KAM) will play an integral role in generating and sustaining new business. They will hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients in strategic target accounts
- The KAM will be responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel by focusing on growing and developing new customers, together with generating new business and act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant Territory Managers.
- Deliver sustainable AF sales growth (increased market share) in allocated accounts in line with agreed targets using existing technologies, new ‘growth drivers’ and our capital portfolio.
- Deliver market leading customer experience to allocated accounts.
- Providing unrivalled support and service based upon intimate understanding of customer needs at all levels of the hospital.
- Create detailed and documented business plans that provide sustainable business growth year on year for the AF franchise and present these business plans as requested by the DM/RSM/MD.
Section 2:ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be accountable for the sales revenue - unit/ASP performance in allocated accounts. In alignment and share with territory TM
- Understand the dynamics of the AF / cardiology market, the health economic environment and competitor strategies.
- During the early stages of this role (1st 12 – 18 months), provide presentation updates to an executive team (VP, DM,RSM & HR) giving an overview of the KAM roles impact on the business (executed and potential opportunities), and our partnership development with our customers.
- Understand customer needs by building strong business relationships with contacts at all levels within an allocated hospital - consultants, clinical directors, senior hospital management, procurement & physiologists.
- Work in close collaboration with the DM, RSM and especially TM plus the commercial team (cross divisional where opportunity exists) to develop and execute compelling business solutions / value propositions. This would include our new growth drivers in addition to our capital portfolio (cath lab capital, cath lab design and project management services) as a broader, longer term partnership proposal.
- Work on and implement, a strategy to support the team to influence and develop product launches at a UK level by focusing on customer needs and understanding high level initiatives
- Develop a detailed strategic business and action plan by allocated account with a focus on creating share wins and achieving defined revenue targets.
- Plan, organise and coordinate the key initiatives as defined in the action plan in close cooperation with the local team members as needed and aligned to the Quarterly Business Review process.
- Fully leverage available programs and resources working with cross-functional and cross-regional teams to drive successful outcomes and accomplish key objectives.
- Understand the health care reimbursement environment, to allow the delivery of value to the customer and develop strategic partnerships over the long term.
- Lead and manage contracting processes to achieve market share growth, enhanced profitability and negotiate win/win outcomes in allocated accounts. Build and present unique customer centric solutions to deliver positive business outcomes for SJM.
- Provide local forecasts, business reports and information flows to Regional/Divisional/Country Management as required on a timely basis.
- Deputise for the Regional Sales Manager as required
- Ensure operational integrity, compliance with business practices and policies as well as legislative, clinical and regulatory requirements relative to each country.
- Role model Company values and ensure all in-country activities maintain a positive customer perception of the Company brand.
Responsibilities for all functions:
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
- When tasks and responsibilities are assigned outside the scope of normal duties, the employee must understand the level of decision making for which he/she is responsible and if in doubt clarify this with his/her supervisor.
Section 3: EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES
- Degree in life science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with relevant healthcare company.
- Consistent overachieving sales performer.
- Strong commercial acumen, demonstrable through cross divisional collaboration and results.
- Understands the health care reimbursement environment, to allow the delivery of value to the customer and develop strategic partnerships over the long term.
- Creative thinker that has initiative and common sense and moves business forward.
Section 4: BACK UP
(Indicate another position that can take over the main tasks and responsibilities during the employee’s absence)
- Regional Sales Manager
- Territory Manager
Job ID: 30044467
Job Family: Sales Force
Division: ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
Location: United Kingdom - Stratford Upon Avon
Work Shift: Standard
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Medical Surveillance: Not Applicable
Significant Work Activities: Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Territory Manager AF Scotland & Newcastle
Let LinkedIn match jobs to your profile.Search Now